Friday, September 4, 2009

Two weeks in...

I feel like teaching again. Last year was so tough, that I was literally counting the minutes until the thing was over and I could just go home. Normally, I'm one of those teachers who leaves the classroom in June with a head full of excitement and ideas for the next school year. This summer, though, I couldn't even stomach the thought of school until mid-August when I really had to start getting my head in the game. And now here I am, two weeks down and absolutely loving it. I told my kids today before they left, "Last week, you guys were pretty much strangers, but now you're starting to feel like my people." I think it's going to be a great year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teacherdee,

Thanks for your comment on my blog! As a newbie, it's always nice to know that someone is reading... I'd like to add your blog to my links...you have some interesting stuff! Feel free to add mine, too, if you liked what you saw.

I too love that feeling when I realize that what used to be a room full of 30 strangers is suddenly a community.

And, by the way, I too live with a homebrewing geek! The mess of the process: not so fun. The benefits of drinking something he made: really fun. :)

Good luck!
Jenny