Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just show up when you feel like it!

I'm on the Executive Board for my PTA and today we had training from 9:00 to 2:00. To me, that means get there a little before 9:00 to check in and find a seat--maybe run to the restroom. With that in mind, I thought I was running late. I drove a stinking 75 miles per hour on the freeway. I hate being late. I was surprised to find that I was only the second person to check in. Everyone else came trickling in after me and kind of milled around for a while. At about 9:15 the trainer said we would wait a few more minutes in case anyone still wasn't there. I don't think we actually got started until almost 9:30. I could have slept in an extra half hour. Or driven a little slower and saved some money on gas. Or hung out with the Munchkin (Bean has the common sense to sleep in while she is still young and responsibility-free). It seems like this happens more and more often. Lets make everyone who was here on time wait for the guy who is currently in line at Starbucks. It seems like this is becoming the norm. Does anyone else get irritated when this happens (or am I just being a grouch)?

No comments: